Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut diagonally into 1-inch pieces
- 1 package (16 ounces) thin spaghetti
- 8 bacon strips, coarsely chopped
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cook, covered, 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain.
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Cook and stir green onions in bacon drippings 1-2 minutes or until tender. Add asparagus and pepper; heat through.
- Drain pasta; return to stockpot. Add asparagus mixture, cheese, cream, butter and bacon; toss to combine until butter is melted. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 445 calories, 23g fat (10g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 335mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein.
Jun 11, 2016
This recipe is wonderful! Not only is it easy to make, but it's so tasty! My husband had 2 huge helpings for supper and we're looking forward to the leftovers!
May 23, 2015
This was really good and easy to make. I didn't have cream so I used 1/4 cup of whipped cream cheese with chives I had on hand and 1/2 cup of 2% milk. I also added a can of diced tomatoes with Italian seasoning. I will definitely make this again.
Jun 12, 2010
Love this recipe! I also add cherry tomatoes.