Shrimp Penne with Garlic Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seafood seasoning
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute garlic in butter. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add broth and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the shrimp, cheese, parsley and seafood seasoning; heat through.
- Drain pasta; place in a large bowl. Add shrimp mixture; toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 488 calories, 20g fat (12g saturated fat), 226mg cholesterol, 1205mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 37g protein.
Mar 15, 2018
Very good. I tripled the garlic just because we like it.And used raw shrimp cooked right in tbe butter. I didn't have fresh parsley so I used jar. Easy to make also.
Sep 24, 2016
So I bought a boatload of great prawns yesterday and used 1/2 for dinner. When I announced I was making prawns for dinner/football appetizers tonight, guess what the family wanted!? Funny, I was out of fresh Parmesan yesterday and subbed shredded Monteray Jack. Super good accident! So did the same tonight. You can easily say this family loves this recipe! Thank you for sharing, Virginia!
Feb 27, 2016
I loved this recipe, only thing I changed was no parsley. I myself don't like it. Great recipe..
Oct 29, 2015
Very good and easy to make even on a busy weeknight!
Feb 20, 2015
I love this recipe. It taste great with just the right portions and fast for when you don't want to stand over the stove all night. Thanks.
Dec 10, 2014
Just made this today...... and it was soooo good I will be making this more often
Apr 8, 2014
Wonderful meal! The only addition I made was double the garlic. A meal where people are too busy enjoying the food to speak.
Jan 22, 2014
Absolutely delicious! I loved the suggestion of the reviewer to add sundried tomatoes, mushrooms, and crab. I also used about 6 cloves of garlic for the flavor we love. There is alot of sauce.... so I added about a pound more shrimp, and we chose to use linguine instead of penne pasta. Worked great, and my family gave it rave reviews! It will be regular recipe on our table!
Mar 17, 2012
delish - made just the way recipe was posted and it was perfect! no changes necessary.
Nov 16, 2011
I made this tonight for my son and I and doubled the recipe for leftovers for my husband. We both liked it! It was kind of soupy but that may have been my fault because I put a little too much milk in it. I might freeze the extra sauce and "remake" it later with shrimp again or crab or chicken.