Chicken, Asparagus & Corn Chowder
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup cut fresh asparagus (1-inch pieces)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 3/4 cup frozen corn
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add asparagus and onion; cook and stir until tender, 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in flour, salt, garlic powder and pepper until blended; gradually stir in broth and half-and-half. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until slightly thickened, 3-5 minutes. Add chicken and corn; heat through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 215 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 800mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 5, 2019
Delicious! I made it as written except I used regular half and half. It gets tastier each new day. It will definitely go into my "Keepers" file!
Mar 12, 2015
I made it pretty much per the recipe and it was very good. We added some tea biscuits on the side. Very filling!