Chicken, Asparagus & Corn Chowder
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup cut fresh asparagus (1-inch pieces)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 3/4 cup frozen corn
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add asparagus and onion; cook and stir until tender, 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in flour, salt, garlic powder and pepper until blended; gradually stir in broth and half-and-half. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until slightly thickened, 3-5 minutes. Add chicken and corn; heat through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 215 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 800mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.
Dec 27, 2019
Big hit! I changed up the recipe a lil instead of using asparagus I used green beans and it tasted phenomenal!
Feb 5, 2019
Delicious! I made it as written except I used regular half and half. It gets tastier each new day. It will definitely go into my "Keepers" file!
Mar 12, 2015
I made it pretty much per the recipe and it was very good. We added some tea biscuits on the side. Very filling!