Asparagus ‘n’ Shrimp with Angel Hair
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1/2 pound uncooked shrimp (16-20 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 8 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped seeded tomato, peeled
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Lemon wedges
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, sprinkle shrimp with salt and pepper flakes. In a large skillet or wok, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; stir-fry until pink, 2-3 minutes. Remove; keep warm.
- In same skillet, stir-fry the next 5 ingredients in remaining oil until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Add wine and seasonings. Return shrimp to pan.
- Drain pasta; add to shrimp mixture and toss gently. Cook and stir until heated through, 1-2 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve with lemon wedges.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1-3/4 cups: 488 calories, 19g fat (4g saturated fat), 132mg cholesterol, 584mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 29g protein.
Jun 15, 2019
I put this over zoodles--zucchini noodles--and it was great! I've made this twice. Family approved.
May 21, 2019
A KEEPER!!! Made this tonight, as written, using dry vermouth for the white wine. My wife and I both loved it, and it makes the perfect amount for two.
Apr 19, 2019
Made this morning as a trial run as I want to serve on Easter Sunday. Fantastic recipe as is. For personal taste I will add more tomatoes and garlic.
Mar 16, 2019
Made this and would make again. I doubled recipe for my family. And I used canned diced tomatoes.
Jan 26, 2019
Made to recipe. very good.
May 2, 2018
Always looking for good asparagus recipes in the spring and this one is fantastic. I doubled the shrimp and mushrooms and it was perfect.
Apr 23, 2018
Easy to make and delicious. Had guest who also thought it was very good and fresh tasting with fresh asparagus and half cherry tomatoes.
Mar 10, 2018
Simple and easy and good.
Feb 15, 2018
We thought it was delicious.
Jul 8, 2017
Serving size was perfect for two people, but the seasonings were too overpowering even after cutting the amount I added in half. I'll make it again, but use the seasonings sparingly.