Asparagus ‘n’ Shrimp with Angel Hair
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1/2 pound uncooked shrimp (16-20 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 8 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped seeded tomato, peeled
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Lemon wedges
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, sprinkle shrimp with salt and pepper flakes. In a large skillet or wok, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; stir-fry until pink, 2-3 minutes. Remove; keep warm.
- In same skillet, stir-fry the next five ingredients in remaining oil until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Add wine and seasonings. Return shrimp to pan.
- Drain pasta; add to shrimp mixture and toss gently. Cook and stir until heated through, 1-2 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve with lemon wedges.
Nutrition Facts1-3/4 cups: 488 calories, 19g fat (4g saturated fat), 132mg cholesterol, 584mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 29g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 2, 2018
Always looking for good asparagus recipes in the spring and this one is fantastic. I doubled the shrimp and mushrooms and it was perfect.
Apr 23, 2018
Easy to make and delicious. Had guest who also thought it was very good and fresh tasting with fresh asparagus and half cherry tomatoes.
Mar 10, 2018
Simple and easy and good.
Feb 15, 2018
We thought it was delicious.
Jul 8, 2017
Serving size was perfect for two people, but the seasonings were too overpowering even after cutting the amount I added in half. I'll make it again, but use the seasonings sparingly.
Jun 25, 2017
As a volunteer feild editor with Taste of Home magazine this was one of the BEST pasta dishes I've ever prepared! Restaurant quality!! Even though short on tomato, it was one of the easiest shrimp and pasta dinners prepared at home. Great pasta dish that wasn't heavy feeling. Perfect hearty portions for two. Feel free to double up on mushrooms, they cook down. A must try recipe for shrimp, veggie and pasta lovers!
Mar 12, 2016
Great recipe! I doubled it for the most part to get rid of everything. Followed as directed, except forgot the parmesan cheese and had to use some asparagus that I froze.
May 18, 2015
Loved it! Had to double it wasn't enough.
Mar 2, 2013
I love it and so has anyone I made it for.!
Apr 3, 2012
Very good, used leftover turkey in place of the shrimp - -Loved it!!! Doubled it, still didn't make very much