Angel Hair Shrimp Bake
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated angel hair pasta
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 jar (16 ounces) chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, layer half the pasta, shrimp, feta cheese, Swiss cheese and salsa. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with the Monterey Jack cheese, parsley, basil and oregano.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, cream and yogurt; pour over casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 350° until a thermometer reads 160°, 25-30 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. If desired, top with chopped parsley.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 340 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 203mg cholesterol, 593mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein.
Sep 22, 2019
I MADE THIS RECIPE BECAUSE THE INGREDIENTS MADE NO SENSE. TURNS OUT I WAS RIGHT AS IT WAS BARELY EDIBLE.
Mar 25, 2019
I lost this recipe years ago and I am soo very happy to have found it !!! Thank you ??
Dec 7, 2015
This is a award winning recipe from before 2001. From Mr. William Sarnecky, Chester VAHe was the first place winner in the Dairylicious Pasta Dishes Contest sponsored by the Southeast United Dairy Assn, Atlanta GA. I have the book. I have made it over many times. Sorry Susan Davidson- Elm Grove, WI- not yours!A great variation is to add some Cooked italian sausage in place of the shrimp.This recipe is great hot or room temp. Perfect for pot luck! Thank you Mr. Sarnecky!
Feb 18, 2015
loved it I did not use the yogurt I did the mayo and ranch dressing
Sep 20, 2014
I've made this recipie several times. However, on a recent trip to the beach, and no grocery store around, I found myself having to make some substitutions, and we are glad we did! Instead of using the half-and-half and yogurt, I used mayonnaise and ranch dressing. I think this has been the best shrimp bake we have made!
Sep 29, 2013
This dish was great! However, the shrimp did take longer to cook.
Apr 16, 2013
one of my absolute favorite things to make. So delicious!
Mar 4, 2013
This angel hair shrimp bake is a MUST to make! Every year on my friend's birthday she requests I make this dish for her as it is one of her favorites!
Feb 14, 2013
My daughter is very picky on what she eats . She like the rest wants seconds.
Dec 13, 2012
My family loved it! I made a few changes. I couldn't find the pre-made pasta, had to use my own. I had 1/2 cooked shrimp and 1/2 uncooked. I bought fresh parsley but must have accidentally gotten cilantro out of habit, gave it a nice surprise! It does make a lot, offered some to the neighbor. I would make it again.