Wild Rice Shrimp Bake
Fresh shrimp lends a special touch to this effortless entree that starts out with a boxed wild rice mix. In Mobile, Alabama, Lee Stearns tops off the creamy casserole with a handful of crunchy croutons.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup seasoned stuffing croutons
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the shrimp, green pepper, onion and mushrooms in butter until shrimp turn pink. Add the soup to the rice; stir into the shrimp mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with croutons. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 299 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 137mg cholesterol, 1083mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein.
Oct 24, 2010
This is the very first recipe I sent to my recipe box. Very easy to prepare and is elegant enough to serve company. Herb/Garlic croutons are especially good on this.