Scallops with Angel Hair
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 3/4 pound bay scallops
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or additional vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons cold water
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Shredded Parmesan cheese and thinly sliced green onions, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook scallops in 1 teaspoon oil over medium heat until firm and opaque; remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute onion in remaining oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the broth, wine, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in parsley and reserved scallops; heat through.
- Drain pasta; serve with scallops. Sprinkle with cheese and green onions if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 340 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 527mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jun 9, 2015
1/4 cup of parsley turned the entire thing green. Is that amount correct?
Sep 21, 2012
Needed more salt and pepper when we ate it, but otherwise, it was pretty good.