Scallops with Snow Peas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2/3 cup water
- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 pound bay scallops
- 1/2 pound fresh snow peas, halved diagonally
- 2 medium leeks (white portion only), cut into 3x1/2-inch strips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 3 cups hot cooked brown rice
- Mix cornstarch, soy sauce and water. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat; stir-fry scallops until firm and opaque, 1-2 minutes. Remove from pan.
- In same pan, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat; stir-fry snow peas, leeks and ginger until peas are just crisp-tender, 4-6 minutes. Stir cornstarch mixture; add to pan. Cook and stir until sauce is thickened, about 1 minute. Add scallops; heat through. Serve with rice.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 cup stir-fry with 3/4 cup rice: 378 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 750mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 5g fiber), 21g protein.
Jun 19, 2018
Florida abounds with fresh seafood products, so when I saw this recipe, I just had to try it, and it is truly a very easy, fast and delicious dinner. I added some Seafood Seasoning to the cornstarch mixture, and since I did not have any fresh gingerroot, I used powdered ginger, and the end results were wonderful. I put it on top of a mix of rice and orzo. Very nice dinner.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.