Scallops with Snow Peas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2/3 cup water
- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 pound bay scallops
- 1/2 pound fresh snow peas, halved diagonally
- 2 medium leeks (white portion only), cut into 3x1/2-inch strips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 3 cups hot cooked brown rice
- Mix cornstarch, soy sauce and water. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat; stir-fry scallops until firm and opaque, 1-2 minutes. Remove from pan.
- In same pan, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat; stir-fry snow peas, leeks and ginger until peas are just crisp-tender, 4-6 minutes. Stir cornstarch mixture; add to pan. Cook and stir until sauce is thickened, about 1 minute. Add scallops; heat through. Serve with rice.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 cup stir-fry with 3/4 cup rice: 378 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 750mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 5g fiber), 21g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jun 19, 2018
Florida abounds with fresh seafood products, so when I saw this recipe, I just had to try it, and it is truly a very easy, fast and delicious dinner. I added some Seafood Seasoning to the cornstarch mixture, and since I did not have any fresh gingerroot, I used powdered ginger, and the end results were wonderful. I put it on top of a mix of rice and orzo. Very nice dinner.