Thai Shrimp Linguine
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated linguine
- 1 cup fresh snow peas
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup Thai peanut sauce
- Cook linguine according to package directions, adding snow peas and linguine at the same time.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook carrots and mushrooms in oil over medium heat for 3 minutes. Add shrimp; cook and stir 3 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink. Stir in peanut sauce; heat through.
- Drain linguine and snow peas; transfer to a serving bowl. Top with shrimp mixture; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts2-1/3 cups: 599 calories, 22g fat (4g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 1814mg sodium, 69g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 9g fiber), 34g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 8, 2015
I have made this a few times now, but after following the recipe exactly the first time, I now add a sliced onion, and a some chopped garlic. I also agree that shoestring carrots work better, as well as cooking the snow peas with the cooking veggies. In a variation, I add a couple tablespoons of sweet chili sauce to the mix. A really good meal any way you make it though.
Oct 3, 2014
I loved this recipe! I was a little nervous to use the peanut sauce. As another reviewer mentioned, I was afraid it may be too spicy. I used a mild peanut sauce and it had just a hint of spice. Very flavorful, but definitely not too hot. I chose not to boil the snow peas, since others mentioned they were mushy when boiled. I added the snow peas to the skillet with the carrots, mushrooms, and shrimp and they were cooked perfectly. I will definitely be making this tasty recipe again!
Jun 8, 2014
we really liked the flavor. didn't use carrots, snow peas got mushy. we are going to add more shrimp and mushrooms next time. want to try with chicken and mushrooms too.
Dec 30, 2009
quick and easy and very tastely. I used matchstick carrots as I thought the shredded carrots were a little too mushy. Have already made several times.
Feb 11, 2009
This was delicious. It's a fast, wonderful meal to pull together in a hurry for my friends who love Thai. Great!
Jan 9, 2009
Squeeze of Lime at end