Grilled Shrimp & Tomatoes with Linguine
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons torn fresh basil
- In a large saucepan, cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, thread tomatoes onto metal or soaked wooden skewers; brush with 1 tablespoon oil. Thread shrimp onto skewers; brush with remaining oil. Mix seasonings; sprinkle over shrimp.
- Grill shrimp, covered, over medium heat 3-4 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink. Grill tomatoes, covered, over medium heat 2-3 minutes or until slightly softened, turning occasionally.
- Drain linguine, reserving 1/4 cup pasta water. In same saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add linguine, cheese and reserved pasta water, tossing to combine. Remove shrimp and tomatoes from skewers; serve with pasta. Sprinkle with basil.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 445 calories, 17g fat (6g saturated fat), 158mg cholesterol, 416mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 3 lean meat, 3 fat.
Feb 12, 2016
I made this for dinner tonight and it was absolutely delicious.it had a freshness it. I added pressed garlic to the Olive oil and linguine which put it right over the top. It was a restaurantt quality meal (with cobbed corn and seasoned bread) that would have been priced at $12/plate or more. I made it for $4/serving.
Aug 9, 2015
My husband loved this recipe! Our guests gave it a 5 star because it was "delicious and something you would order in a restaurant"!!