Chorizo Pumpkin Pasta
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 cups uncooked gemelli or spiral pasta (about 12 ounces)
- 1 package (12 ounces) fully cooked chorizo chicken sausage links or flavor of choice, sliced
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Manchego or Monterey Jack cheese
- Minced fresh cilantro, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving 3/4 cup pasta water.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute sausage over medium heat until lightly browned; reduce heat to medium-low. Add pumpkin, cream, salt and pepper; cook and stir until heated through. Toss with pasta and enough pasta water to moisten; stir in cheese. If desired, sprinkle with cilantro.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 471 calories, 20g fat (11g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 847mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 26g protein.
Dec 18, 2019
I loved this, but it was not a hit with everyone. You need to like pumpkin in a savory manner, because you can taste it. That being said, I loved it and will make again but just for me ;)
Nov 17, 2018
I just made this tonight and it was absolutely delicious. I used 16 ounces of pasta (a box) so I added a little more of the ingredients. I used Monterey jack cheese too. It was incredibly tasty and filling.
Oct 23, 2017
My family really enjoyed this recipe. I added one large finely chopped onion when browning the sausage. This is a winner.
Oct 18, 2016
Very good! My son gobbled it right up! Easy and quick. Thanks for the recipe!