Chorizo Pumpkin Pasta
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 cups uncooked gemelli or spiral pasta (about 12 ounces)
- 1 package (12 ounces) fully cooked chorizo chicken sausage links or flavor of choice, sliced
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Manchego or Monterey Jack cheese
- Minced fresh cilantro, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving 3/4 cup pasta water.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute sausage over medium heat until lightly browned; reduce heat to medium-low. Add pumpkin, cream, salt and pepper; cook and stir until heated through. Toss with pasta and enough pasta water to moisten; stir in cheese. If desired, sprinkle with cilantro.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 471 calories, 20g fat (11g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 847mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 26g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 17, 2018
I just made this tonight and it was absolutely delicious. I used 16 ounces of pasta (a box) so I added a little more of the ingredients. I used Monterey jack cheese too. It was incredibly tasty and filling.
Oct 23, 2017
My family really enjoyed this recipe. I added one large finely chopped onion when browning the sausage. This is a winner.
Oct 18, 2016
Very good! My son gobbled it right up! Easy and quick. Thanks for the recipe!