- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled
- 1/4 cup loosely packed basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Optional: Shredded Parmesan cheese, shredded mozzarella cheese and grated lime zest
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions for al dente, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water. Meanwhile, place avocado, basil, oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper in a food processor; pulse until blended. Add water to reach desired consistency
- Drain spaghetti; return to pan. Add sauce and toss to coat.
Can you use other types of noodles in avocado pasta?Use whatever noodles you have on hand in place of the spaghetti. The easiest swaps for long noodles are linguine or bucatini, but others will work fine as well. Check out our ultimate guide to pasta shapes for more ideas.
What else can you put in avocado pasta?Make this avocado pasta a more complete meal by adding your favorite protein like chicken or tofu. Keep the recipe vegan by adding nutritional yeast for a cheesy flavor, or add queso fresco instead of the optional mozzarella and Parmesan.
1 cup: 330 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 247mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 4g fiber), 8g protein.