Chicken Tortellini in Cream Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (19 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- Minced fresh basil, optional
- In a large saucepan, cook tortellini according to package directions, adding the broccoli during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute garlic in butter until tender. Stir in the cheese, cream and seasonings. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 7-9 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add chicken; heat through.
- Drain tortellini and broccoli; toss with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with basil if desired.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 685 calories, 43g fat (25g saturated fat), 168mg cholesterol, 929mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 36g protein.
Jun 30, 2017
This dish is fantastic. I didn't change a thing. Loved it, a definite keeper!
Nov 10, 2015
Excellent and easy to make!
Mar 9, 2015
Very good recipe! Next time we will add more broccoli. Hubby also wants to try it with mushrooms and artichoke hearts.
Feb 9, 2014
We enjoyed this dish very much. Being so quick you wouldn't think it would be as good as it is. We will definitely make this again.
Feb 6, 2014
excellent recipe! it was quick and simple to make if you are in a hurry. I also added mushrooms for a little extra to it. Was loved by my whole family :)
Jan 27, 2014
This was a quick and very delicious recipe....definitely a keeper! I used half and half instead of the heavy cream and rotisserie chicken so it was more shredded than cubed. Served with garlic bread. Delicious!
Nov 14, 2013
Delicious. Used frozen broccoli and added Italian blend cheese instead of just parmesan cheese
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.