Saucy Chicken & Tortellini
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 6-1/4 hours
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 jar (24 ounces) marinara sauce
- 1 jar (15 ounces) Alfredo sauce
- 2 packages (9 ounces each) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Torn fresh basil, optional
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine first seven ingredients. Cook, covered, on low until chicken is tender, 6-8 hours.
- Stir in Alfredo sauce and tortellini. Cook, covered, until tortellini is tender, 15-20 minutes. If desired, top with Parmesan cheese and basil.
- Freeze option: Freeze cooled, cooked mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Microwave, covered, on high, in a microwave-safe dish until heated through, stirring gently; add water if necessary.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 437 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 91mg cholesterol, 922mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 5g fiber), 31g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 20, 2019
This recipe made a lot and I did freeze some, which turned out to be a great last-minute meal. Easy to put together and tasted great! I omitted the olives 'cause I'm not a fan, but added in two cloves of minced garlic.
Oct 30, 2018
Easy and tasty. Very good, but a little too saucy.
Feb 15, 2018
Followed the recipe exactly. It was so easy and very good. I will do this one again!