Saucy Chicken & Tortellini
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 6-1/4 hours
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 jar (24 ounces) marinara sauce
- 1 jar (15 ounces) Alfredo sauce
- 2 packages (9 ounces each) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Torn fresh basil, optional
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine first 7 ingredients. Cook, covered, on low until chicken is tender, 6-8 hours.
- Stir in Alfredo sauce and tortellini. Cook, covered, until tortellini is tender, 15-20 minutes. If desired, top with Parmesan cheese and basil.
- Freeze option: Freeze cooled, cooked mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Microwave, covered, on high, in a microwave-safe dish until heated through, stirring gently; add water if necessary.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 437 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 91mg cholesterol, 922mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 5g fiber), 31g protein.
Feb 20, 2019
This recipe made a lot and I did freeze some, which turned out to be a great last-minute meal. Easy to put together and tasted great! I omitted the olives 'cause I'm not a fan, but added in two cloves of minced garlic.
Oct 30, 2018
Easy and tasty. Very good, but a little too saucy.
Feb 15, 2018
Followed the recipe exactly. It was so easy and very good. I will do this one again!