Saucy Chicken & Tortellini
This heartwarming dish is something I threw together years ago for my oldest daughter. When she's having a rough day, I put on the slow cooker and prepare this special recipe. —Mary Morgan, Dallas, Texas
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 6-1/4 hours
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 jar (24 ounces) marinara sauce
- 1 jar (15 ounces) Alfredo sauce
- 2 packages (9 ounces each) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Torn fresh basil, optional
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine first seven ingredients. Cook, covered, on low until chicken is tender, 6-8 hours.
- Stir in Alfredo sauce and tortellini. Cook, covered, until tortellini is tender, 15-20 minutes. If desired, top with Parmesan cheese and basil.
- Freeze option: Place chicken and vegetables in freezer containers; top with sauce. Cool and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Microwave, covered, on high in a microwave-safe dish until heated through, stirring gently and adding a little water if necessary.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups (calculated without Parmesan cheese): 437 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 91mg cholesterol, 922mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 5g fiber), 31g protein.
Originally published as Xavier's Chicken and Pasta Deluxe in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.