Total TimePrep: 25 min. + marinating
- 18 refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1/4 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 6 thin slices (4 ounces) reduced-fat provolone cheese
- 6 thin slices (2 ounces) Genoa salami
- 18 large pimiento-stuffed olives
- Cook tortellini according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a resealable plastic bag, combine the tortellini and salad dressing. Seal bag and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Place a slice of cheese on each slice of salami; roll up tightly. Cut into thirds. Drain tortellini and discard dressing. For each appetizer, thread a tortellini, salami roll-up and olive on a toothpick.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 63 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 267mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Jul 13, 2013
For something completely different and a lot of comments - make this - good job
May 31, 2012
These were very delicious. I marinated the tortellini most of the day and the flavor was awesome!
Jun 19, 2011
Excellent! I bring these to every picnic or potluck I go to and always get rave reviews!
Jan 29, 2011
Cute, but very hard to roll up the cheese without it folding and breaking. I ended up rolling it inside the salami; that worked better - the salami holds it together. And the tortellini didn't pick up much flavor from the dressing, and I had it marinating for 24 hours! All in all, cute but too much trouble. Cut up the salami and cheese and toss all the ingredients w/dressing and make a tortellini salad!
Dec 29, 2010
I have made something very similar to this several times. To add an extra kick, use green olives stuffed with jalapenos. You can mix up the variety of olives and use blue cheese or almond stuffed ones as well.
Jun 26, 2010
This recipe had been circulated around my office 25 yrs ago. I have used it numerous times. Glad to see it is still around.
Jun 24, 2010
They are a tasty treat for all.
Aug 5, 2009
These were quite a hit when I took them as appetizers for Easter dinner. I used sharp cheddar instead of the provolone and made some with salami and some with pepperoni.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.