Creamy Vegetable Turkey Soup
For a creamy turkey soup with a sense of fun, we go wheels up at our house. We load it up with wagon-shaped pasta and veggies. —Nancy Beyer, Hayden Lake, Idaho
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
Makes8 servings (3 quarts)
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 5 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon each dried thyme, savory and parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 10 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups uncooked wagon wheel pasta or other large shaped pasta
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, carrots, onion and celery; cook and stir 8-10 minutes or until tender. Stir in flour and seasonings until blended; gradually stir in broth.
- Bring to a boil. Stir in pasta. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 8-10 minutes or until pasta is tender. Stir in turkey and cream; heat through (do not boil).