Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1-3/4 hours + standing
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon snipped fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic pepper or seasoned pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 beef ribeye roast (4 to 6 pounds), trimmed and tied
- In a small bowl, combine the flour and seasonings; rub over roast. Place roast fat side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-3/4 to 2-3/4 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Let stand for 10-15 minutes before slicing.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 1, 2012
My mother-in-law makes this nearly every Christmas and I tried it today. Fantastic! Super easy, except for estimating its time-of-completion, so that side dishes will be ready at the same time. I took it our at 140 degrees, let it sit for 15 minutes. The center was medium rare, the ends medium. Perfect and tender!
Dec 5, 2009
Easy and scrumptious! Recipes like this make you look like a gourmet cook with little effort! Next time I'll try heating the oven to 550 and then immediately turning it down to 350 to sear the roast.
Dec 26, 2008
Delicious! The roast I used was 2.5 pounds. Used a meat thermometer and stopped cooking the roast at 135 degrees amd then let rest, covered for about 20 mins. Absolutly perfect.