Quick Black Bean Burritos
My husband and I took a batch of these burritos to friends of ours who moved into a new home. It's a quick and easy recipe everyone enjoys.—Emily Miller, Massillon, Ohio
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup salsa
- 16 corn or flour tortillas (6 to 8 inches)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- Sour cream and sliced ripe olives, optional
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add beans and salsa; mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Warm the tortillas; spoon 1/4 cup of the beef mixture off-center on each. Sprinkle with cheese. Top with sour cream and olives if desired. Fold the sides and ends over filling and roll up. Serve immediately.
Try this easy fried ice creamscoop 1/2 cup balls of vanilla ice cream into muffin cups, freeze for 15 minutes. Roll in crushed cinnamon-toast-flavored sweetened cereal. Cover and freeze. When ready to serve, place each ice cream ball in a serving dish; drizzle with warmed honey.