- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pork and beans
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- In an ungreased 8-in. square disposable foil pan, combine all ingredients.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat until heated through, 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Can you use dried beans instead of canned?Dried beans are a wonderful alternative to canned beans. But before you toss your dried beans with the rest of the ingredients, you’ll likely have to soak them first. Learn how to quick soak dried beans so that you're ready to cook in about an hour.
What do you serve with barbecued beans?Barbecued beans are the perfect summer side dish for any picnic, barbecue, or family gathering. Try pairing the beans with our tangy pulled pork sandwiches and washing it all down with a glass of ice-cold lemonade.
How long will barbecued beans last?Your baked beans will last about 3 to 5 days in the fridge. To store them, let the beans cool down after cooking, then pop them in the refrigerator within an hour. Getting them stored quickly and chilled in the fridge will help prevent the growth of bacteria.
—Ellie Crowley, Taste of Home Culinary Assistant
3/4 cup: 264 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 877mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 13g fiber), 14g protein.