Quick Black Bean Burritos
My husband and I took a batch of these burritos to friends of ours who moved into a new home. It's a quick and easy recipe everyone enjoys.—Emily Miller, Massillon, Ohio
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup salsa
- 16 corn or flour tortillas (6 to 8 inches)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- Sour cream and sliced ripe olives, optional
- 1. In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add beans and salsa; mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Warm the tortillas; spoon 1/4 cup of the beef mixture off-center on each. Sprinkle with cheese. Top with sour cream and olives if desired. Fold the sides and ends over filling and roll up. Serve immediately.
Sep 26, 2009
Brown beans work well, plus I stirred in a Taco seasoning packet with the ground beef, which increases the overall flavor.
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC