Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Mexican diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup cooked rice
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- Sour cream, chopped tomatoes, guacamole, additional shredded cheddar cheese and salsa, optional
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the potatoes, beans, tomatoes, corn, salsa, rice, chili powder and salt. Sprinkle 1/4 cup cheese off-center on each tortilla; top with about 1 cup beef mixture. Fold sides and ends over filling.
- Wrap burritos individually in foil and freeze for up to 3 months. Or place burritos seam side down on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until heated through. Serve with the sour cream, tomatoes, guacamole, additional cheese and salsa if desired.
- To use frozen burritos: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Bake and serve as directed.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jan 7, 2012
I love this recipe! I've made it several times. To save time I use the potatoes o'brien which already has the onion and peppers in them. I also added a little bit of cumin and garlic. Could you include the nutrition facts on this recipe?
May 17, 2011
wow, these are so good. I didn't put the black beans in because I didn't have any, but it was great. When I made it however it made about 20 burritos rather than only 8.
Jan 25, 2011
My husband and I love these burritos, and I always make extra to put in the freezer. I do not use the hash browns but add extra rice instead and add a little hot sauce for extra flavor.
Feb 18, 2010
I've made this several times. My husband and I like to take them in our lunches.