Zesty Breakfast Burritos
My husband grew up in Mexico and prefers his food extra spicy. Special seasonings added to ordinary ground pork give a little life to standard sausage and eggs.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Cook: 15 min.
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound ground pork
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Taco sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the vinegar, chili powder, oregano, salt and garlic; crumble pork over mixture and mix well. Cover and chill overnight.
- In a large skillet, cook pork mixture over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Drain; set aside and keep warm. In a large bowl, whisk eggs and milk. In a another large skillet, heat oil until hot. Add egg mixture; cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are completely set.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup pork mixture and 1/4 cup egg mixture down the center of each tortilla. Top with taco sauce and roll up.
Originally published as Zesty Breakfast Burritos in Country Pork
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.