Chili Corn Muffins
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
Makesabout 1-1/2 dozen
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt and chili powder. In a small bowl, beat the eggs; add milk, oil, onion and chilies. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 198 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 352mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 13, 2018
Tried this recipe out this morning and glad I did. These are delicious. Fairly easy to make. I used King Arthur Whole Wheat Flour and they turned out great. I can see these being good even at breakfast but mainly made them to accompany chili. This recipe is a keeper.
Apr 1, 2017
My family loves these - I did cut back a bit on the sugar - trying to use less - and they were just perfect
Feb 21, 2013
Sooo good!!! My husband thought they were great, also. Went so well with the Green Bean, Potato Bake that we had tonight. We see why both of these were contest winners.