Chiles Rellenos Squares
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 3 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chiles, drained
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 375°. Sprinkle half of each of the cheeses onto bottom of a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Layer with chiles and remaining cheeses.
- Whisk together eggs, milk and flour; pour over top. Bake, uncovered, until set, 25-30 minutes. Cool 15 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 130 calories, 10g fat (7g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 214mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (trace sugars, trace fiber), 8g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 18, 2018
Great recipe! Only thing different was I added 1/2 cup of (Tostitos-Queso Blanco Dip- Medium) on top of the peppers then finished with the rest of recipe! Wa-La!! Thank you for this recipe... Great Party Dish!
Jul 5, 2018
I must be missing something -- because I tried this recipe and followed it to the letter and this was not good. My qualms are thus: the green chilies alone are not enough seasoning. This is just cheese and peppers? Nothing else to add flavor? Then, the egg and flour combo just ended up making it feel like a bad breakfast casserole. I tend to go through a process with recipes, make it once following the recipe exactly and then tweak what I thought didn't work. This recipe won't make it to the second stage though. It just didn't even come close to feeling like a promising dish.
Apr 18, 2013
I am pre-diabetic, so I am really watching my carb intake. This is so easy, very tasty and a real treat for me. (my husband loves it too). Really great appetizer.
Mar 31, 2013
Great! Very tasty and easy to make!
Dec 2, 2011
This is a favorite appetizer at cocktail parties!
May 13, 2009
I have tried this recipe.It is the best if you like chili rellenos and they are so easy to make.