These bacon-wrapped meatballs are a hit at whatever kind of party I make them for. The appealing aroma while baking is irresistible.—Pamela Shank, Parkersburg, West Virginia
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 24 bacon strips, cut in half widthwise
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, cheese, bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. Wrap a piece of bacon around each meatball; secure with a wooden toothpick.
- Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 375° for 8 minutes. Turn; bake 3-5 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink and bacon is crisp.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 42 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 135mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Bacon Wrapped Meatballs in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.