Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 24 bacon strips, cut in half widthwise
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, cheese, bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. Wrap a piece of bacon around each meatball; secure with a wooden toothpick.
- Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 375° for 8 minutes. Turn; bake 3-5 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink and bacon is crisp.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 42 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 135mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Apr 18, 2020
We doubled the recipe, made them 2 inch size, and the served them with noodles with brown gravy and the kids gobbled them down. We were told to save the recipe to make them again soon.
Apr 23, 2019
This was a goid basic meatball , I prefer more spice so I will add some red pepper flakes to the next batch .They were tasty , esp if you are a bacon fan!