Ham & Brie Pastries
Growing up, I loved pocket pastries. Now with a busy family, I need quick bites, and my spin on the classic ham and cheese delivers at snack or supper time. —Jennifer Tidwell, Fair Oaks, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 4 slices deli ham, quartered
- 8 ounces Brie cheese, cut into 16 pieces
- Preheat oven to 400°. On a lightly floured surface, unfold puff pastry. Roll pastry to a 12-in. square; cut into sixteen 3-in. squares. Place 1 teaspoon preserves in center of each square; top with ham, folding as necessary, and cheese. Overlap two opposite corners of pastry over filling; pinch tightly to seal.
- Place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on pan 5 minutes before serving. Freeze option: Freeze cooled pastries in a freezer container, separating layers with waxed paper. To use, reheat pastries on a baking sheet in a preheated 400° oven until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 144 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 192mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Sweet 'n Savory Cheesy Pig in a Puff Pastry Pocket in Simple & Delicious December/January 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.