Chili-Rubbed Steak with Black Bean Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 beef flank steak (1 pound)
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve brown rice
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup salsa verde
- Minced fresh cilantro, optional
- Rub steak with chili powder and salt. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°).
- Heat rice according to package directions. Transfer rice to a small bowl; stir in beans and salsa. Slice steak thinly across the grain; serve with bean salad. If desired, sprinkle with cilantro.
Nutrition Facts3 ounces cooked beef with 3/4 cup salad: 367 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 762mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 6g fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.
Jan 16, 2020
I love your recipes but there’s just 1 problem way too much sodium it’s not heart healthy..
Jul 7, 2019
Thank you for sharing this healthy recipe!! <a href=https://www.healthdirectinfo.com/an-easy-healthy-crispy-chicken-recipe/> I love t his delicious recipe </a>