Grilled Italian Potato Salad
Living in California, we grill year-round and tend to get tired of the same old thing. My family loves this version of potato salad. I usually make this with Italian flavors, but you can use anything you want. —Courtney Wilson, Fresno, California
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Grill: 15 min.
Makes20 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 3 pounds fingerling potatoes
- 1 large red onion, cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, halved and seeded
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound hard salami, cubed
- 8 ounces smoked mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, well drained and chopped
- 2/3 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup Greek olives, chopped
- Place potatoes in a 6-qt. stockpot; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, toss potatoes, onion and sweet pepper with oil, salt and pepper. Transfer vegetables to a grill wok or basket; place on grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or boil 4 in. from heat 15-20 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise; transfer to a large bowl. Coarsely chop onion and sweet pepper; add to potato mixture. Add remaining ingredients; toss to coat. Serve warm or cold.
Originally published as Grilled Potato Antipasto Salad in Grill It 2016 Bookazine
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.