Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 large bunch romaine, torn (12 cups)
- 1-1/2 cups Caesar salad croutons
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 2/3 cup creamy Caesar salad dressing
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first eight ingredients; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, uncovered, over medium-low heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the romaine, croutons and tomatoes; add dressing and toss to coat. Divide among six salad plates. Slice chicken; arrange on salads.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 24, 2016
This is, absolutely, the best marinade that I have used for grilling chicken. It's also very good for doing bone-in chicken breast and if you are having guests over for dinner you can do beef and chicken kabobs. Allow them to marinate at least 24 hours
Jun 25, 2014
This was an excellent salad. It was perfect for a warm summer evening dinner. I will definitely make this again.
Sep 8, 2011
Never been a fan of caesar salad but my husband likes it so I tried this recipe and the whole family loves it. The taste of the marinated chicken is wonderful.
Jul 26, 2010
This is a great marinade. The ingredients are easy to remember and can easily be doubled or halved. It is definitely a keeper.