Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 8 hours
Makes10 servings (3-3/4 quarts)
- 1 carton (32 ounces) beef broth
- 1-1/2 pounds red potatoes, cubed
- 1-1/2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen vegetables of your choice, thawed
- 2 cups water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup steak sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low until steak and potatoes are tender, 8-10 hours. Freeze option: Freeze cooled soup in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally; add water if necessary.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 198 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 874mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 16g protein.
Jan 31, 2020
I tried this recipe last week. I was excited to try it due to it being something different. It was very easy to put together by being able to throw everything in the crockpot with no prior prep. The flavor was good, not too spicy. I personally didn't love it though. If I were to make it again, I'd maybe make a slurry with cornstarch and water to thicken it up a bit and make it more into a stew. I think I'd add just carrots and potatoes next time as well.
Jan 31, 2020
Made this soup the other day and everyone loved it! Great flavor and super easy to put together. Not only did I love that it was a slow cooker soup, but I really loved the fact, that aside from chopping the onion and potatoes, there was literally no prep whatsoever. Throw everything in slow cooker and forget it! Be sure to add the steak sauce....it gives the soup a rich, almost sweet flavor. I am keeping this one very handy!
Jan 28, 2020
I made this last night. I browned the meat on the stove with salt, pepper
Jan 26, 2020
I just prepared this recipe. It was absolutely delicious! I have very picky grandchildren and they both loved it. My husband raved about as well as my 2 grown daughters. I will definitely be making this again as I try different veggie choices.