Homemade Steak Sauce
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min. + cooling
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup ruby red grapefruit juice
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons coarsely crushed pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a nonstick saucepan over medium heat, cook onion in oil until tender. Add honey; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Stir in broth, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, grapefruit juice, tomato paste and vinegars until blended. Stir in the raisins, garlic powder, pepper, thyme and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for about 20 minutes or until sauce is reduced to about 1-1/4 cups. Cool to room temperature. Transfer to a blender; cover and process until smooth. Cover and refrigerate.
Nutrition Facts1 tablespoon: 27 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 222mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch.
Aug 18, 2013
I have been all over trying to find this recipe it was on allrecipes sight. thank you for posting this I love to use this from marinating tri tip to putting in my meat loaf an soups an stews. this is the best ever I ahave to be glutin free an they dont make a steak sauce gluten free with switching out gluten for gluten free, its awesome thank you agian for putting this up
May 12, 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.