Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 medium potatoes (about 1 pound), peeled, cooked and diced
- 1 cooked steak, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 eggs
- In a large skillet, saute the green pepper and onion in oil until tender. Stir in potatoes. Reduce heat; cover and cook over low heat for 10 minutes or until the potatoes are heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Add steak, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook on low 5 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted; keep warm. Prepare eggs as desired. Divide hash among four plates and top with an egg.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 318 calories, 17g fat (5g saturated fat), 253mg cholesterol, 130mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 6, 2014
Great recipe! Try adding a combination of red and green bell peppers for more color. I recommend topping with poached eggs, but fried with a splash of hot sauce would be good too.
Jan 3, 2011
Yummy! A great way to use up leftovers. Would be fantastic with Pepper Jack Cheese.
Sep 13, 2008
Thank Mrs. Nowakowski for this great recipe!**Sincerely** - (Kathy Joscelyn from Oxford, NY - 30 mi. north of Binghamton)