Beef Hash Brown Pizza
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 5 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 4 cups shredded pizza cheese blend, divided
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, soup, egg, salt and pepper. Spread mixture into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, cook the beef, onion and mushrooms until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in pizza sauce; keep warm.
- Sprinkle 2 cups cheese over hot crust. Spread mixture over the top; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 460 calories, 27g fat (15g saturated fat), 127mg cholesterol, 1169mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 37g protein.
Apr 17, 2017
This was a hit with my boys!!
Jan 10, 2015
My version includes 2 green peppers. I use 6 cups shredded cheddar!! :O)
Jul 11, 2013
Ever since finding this recipe, we have made this many times with all our favorite toppings. My Mom and I are both gluten intolerant, so this is an excellent alternative to regular pizza; my sister and dad love it too!
May 8, 2012
Excellent! My family loved it.
Aug 24, 2010
Whole family loved it, I added chopped pepperoni with beef
Jan 21, 2008
I used shredded cooked potatoes instead of hashbrowns. It was ok but I dont know if worth making again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.