Roast Beef Pizza
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Bake: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups chopped fully cooked roast beef
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium green or sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- In a large resealable plastic bag or shallow glass dish, combine oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Add beef, onion, green pepper and mushrooms; toss to coat. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, let dough rise at room temperature for 1 hour. Punch dough down and roll into a 14-in. circle. Transfer to a greased 14-in. circle. Transfer to a greased 14-in. pizza pan. Drain and discard marinade; arrange beef and vegetables over crust. Bake at 375° for 30-40 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 295 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 521mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 19g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 4, 2010
Easy to make and delicious. This is my husband's favorite way to eat leftover roast beef. Whenever I make a roast, he gets all excited, knowing that roast beef pizza will follow soon.