Roasted Veggie Pizza
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 8 to 10 medium fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced green pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced sweet red pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon each oregano, thyme and dried rosemary, crushed
- PESTO SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Place mushrooms, onion and peppers in a roasting pan or baking pan lined with heavy-duty foil. Combine oil, garlic, oregano, thyme and rosemary; drizzle over vegetables and toss to coat. Cover and bake at 400° for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, in a food processor, combine the basil, oil, Parmesan cheese and garlic; cover and process until smooth, scraping sides often. Set aside.
- Place the crust on an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan. Spread with sauce; top with tomato slices. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Top with roasted vegetables.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Nutrition Facts2 slices: 643 calories, 33g fat (9g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 946mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein.
Mar 8, 2018
I'm not usually a fan of veggie pizzas, but this had a really good, garlicky flavor, and the veggies didn't make the crust soggy. Very good
Dec 14, 2011
Good recipe. I made a few tweaks to this the second time I made it: I added a small amount of salt to the pesto sauce; and when roasting the veggies, I covered them loosely with foil so they wouldn't be too soggy.
Aug 6, 2011
This pizza looked and tasted yummy!
Jan 2, 2011
This is a great vegetarian dish! I double the amount of vegetables and spices. I also use pre-made pesto sauce. My husband and I both enjoy it!
Jun 9, 2010
This is a very delicious pizza! It is a favorite at our home! Also, there is no meat so it's great for vegetarians.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.