Roasted Veggie Pizza
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 8 to 10 medium fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced green pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced sweet red pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon each oregano, thyme and dried rosemary, crushed
- PESTO SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Place mushrooms, onion and peppers in a roasting pan or baking pan lined with heavy-duty foil. Combine oil, garlic, oregano, thyme and rosemary; drizzle over vegetables and toss to coat. Cover and bake at 400° for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, in a food processor, combine the basil, oil, Parmesan cheese and garlic; cover and process until smooth, scraping sides often. Set aside.
- Place the crust on an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan. Spread with sauce; top with tomato slices. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Top with roasted vegetables.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Nutrition Facts2 slices: 643 calories, 33g fat (9g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 946mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 8, 2018
I'm not usually a fan of veggie pizzas, but this had a really good, garlicky flavor, and the veggies didn't make the crust soggy. Very good
Dec 14, 2011
Good recipe. I made a few tweaks to this the second time I made it: I added a small amount of salt to the pesto sauce; and when roasting the veggies, I covered them loosely with foil so they wouldn't be too soggy.
Aug 6, 2011
This pizza looked and tasted yummy!
Jan 2, 2011
This is a great vegetarian dish! I double the amount of vegetables and spices. I also use pre-made pesto sauce. My husband and I both enjoy it!
Jun 9, 2010
This is a very delicious pizza! It is a favorite at our home! Also, there is no meat so it's great for vegetarians.