Roasted Veggie Pasta Salad
Oven-roasted vegetables mixed with pasta and salad dressing make a tasty meatless entree.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups water
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large zucchini, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 package (16 ounces) tricolor spiral pasta
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place the squash and water in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until tender; drain.
- Arrange the squash, eggplant, zucchini, red pepper and onion in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. In a small bowl, whisk oil and marjoram until combined. Drizzle over vegetables.
- Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 30 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta and roasted vegetables. Stir in the salad dressing, basil, salt and pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts1-3/4 cups: 461 calories, 20g fat (3g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 560mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 8g fiber), 10g protein.
Originally published as Roasted Vegetable Pasta Salad in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy 2005