Roast Beef Pasta Salad
I made this salad one year when a neighbor came over to help my husband put up hay. They both were hot and dusty, so this cool dish was well received. It's a meal in itself.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) spiral pasta
- 2 cups julienned cooked roast beef
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 3/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped dill pickle
- 2 to 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons beef bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- Dash pepper
- Cook the pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Place in a large bowl; add the beef, green pepper, celery, onion, red pepper, pickle and green onions.
- For dressing, in a large bowl, dissolve bouillon in water. Stir in the milk, mayonnaise, sour cream, dill and pepper. Toss with pasta mixture. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 515 calories, 35g fat (7g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 678mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 15g protein.
Originally published as Roast Beef Pasta Salad in Country Extra May 1996
May 26, 2015
different than any other pasta salad I've ever had. Hearty enough for a whole meal instead of just a side dish. I usually use left over meat from a roast beef dinner.
Dec 6, 2009
very good flavor reminds me a little of a phillycheesestake