Roasted Tomato Quiche
Total TimePrep: 45 min. Bake: 40 min. + standing
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie crust
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon plus 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon plus 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Unroll crust into a 9-in. pie plate; flute edges. Line unpricked crust with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Fill with dried beans, uncooked rice or pie weights.
- Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil and weights; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- Place tomatoes in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Bake at 450° until skins blister, 8-10 minutes.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink; drain. Remove sausage. In the same skillet, cook spinach until wilted, 4-5 minutes.
- Combine sausage, tomatoes, spinach and cheese; transfer to crust. Whisk eggs, cream, garlic powder and remaining salt and pepper; pour over top.
- Bake at 375° until a knife inserted in center comes out clean, about 40-45 minutes. Cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 397 calories, 26g fat (11g saturated fat), 158mg cholesterol, 725mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 15g protein.
Feb 16, 2017
I made this quiche last week and it was very good. I sliced each grape tomato in half lengthwise before roasting them. Easy to assemble, will be making it again.
Oct 2, 2016
I love to make quiche so had to try this recipe last week. The roasted tomatoes in this quiche gave this one a wonderful boost. I will be making this one again.
Aug 23, 2016
we enjoyed this quiche, do agree that it took more time and more dirty dishes ,LOL.We thought it could be spicer, maybe use hot sausage or a dash or red pepper.
Jun 4, 2016
Yummy! I used diced tomatoes (drained) instead and it was fine!
May 26, 2016
delicious and easy. I did not have tomatoes available so used jarred roasted red peppers and it worked fine
May 26, 2016
I have made a lot of quiches in my life and found this recipe to be 'a keeper'. It seemed to take a little more prep than some of my recipes (which meant a few more dirty dishes along the way), but it was worth it. I used turkey breakfast sausage and am anxious to see if other reviewers along the way try low-fat milk instead of the half and half. I am bringing this to a community breakfast this morning (minus a couple of pieces LOL) and expect it to be gobbled up fast. Thank you, Elisabeth Larsen, for sharing your recipe.