Grilled Garden Veggie Pizza
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 medium red onion, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 large sweet red pepper, halved, stemmed and seeded
- 1 small zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 yellow summer squash, cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 prebaked 12-inch thin whole wheat pizza crust
- 3 tablespoons jarred roasted minced garlic
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup torn fresh basil
- Brush vegetables with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill, covered, over medium heat until tender, 4-5 minutes per side for onion and pepper, 3-4 minutes per side for zucchini and squash.
- Separate onion into rings; cut pepper into strips. Spread pizza crust with garlic; sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Top with grilled vegetables, then remaining cheese.
- Grill pizza, covered, over medium heat until bottom is golden brown and cheese is melted, 5-7 minutes. Top with basil.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 324 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 704mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 5g fiber), 16g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 medium-fat meat, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 11, 2018
Delicious grilled flavor, very colorful and healthy.Teenager disliked but I will make again.
Jan 27, 2018
Love this grilled pizza - easy way to get veggies in the kids and you can sub out any veggies you like or don't this is so tasty