Grilled Garden Veggie Pizza
Pile on the veggies—this crisp, grilled crust can take it! This colorful, healthy pizza looks as fresh as it tastes. —Diane Halferty, Corpus Christi, Texas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 medium red onion, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 large sweet red pepper, halved, stemmed and seeded
- 1 small zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 yellow summer squash, cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 prebaked 12-inch thin whole wheat pizza crust
- 3 tablespoons jarred roasted minced garlic
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup torn fresh basil
- Brush vegetables with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill, covered, over medium heat until tender, 4-5 minutes per side for onion and pepper, 3-4 minutes per side for zucchini and squash.
- Separate onion into rings; cut pepper into strips. Spread pizza crust with garlic; sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Top with grilled vegetables, then remaining cheese.
- Grill pizza, covered, over medium heat until bottom is golden brown and cheese is melted, 5-7 minutes. Top with basil.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 324 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 704mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 5g fiber), 16g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 medium-fat meat, 1 fat.
Originally published as GRILLED GARDEN FRESH VEGGIE PIZZA in Simple & Delicious August/September 2017
Jun 11, 2018
Delicious grilled flavor, very colorful and healthy.Teenager disliked but I will make again.
Jan 27, 2018
Love this grilled pizza - easy way to get veggies in the kids and you can sub out any veggies you like or don't this is so tasty