Garden-Fresh Grilled Veggie Pizza
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Grill: 15 min.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 large sweet red pepper, halved, stemmed and seeded
- 1 small zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small onion, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1/3 cup spreadable garden vegetable cream cheese
- 8 slices smoked provolone cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup minced fresh basil, divided
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- Mix oil and garlic; brush onto both sides of vegetables. Sprinkle with pepper. Grill, covered, over medium heat until tender, 4-5 minutes per side for pepper and onion, 3-4 minutes per side for zucchini, 2-3 minutes per side for tomatoes.
- Coarsely chop pepper, onion and zucchini. Spread pizza crust with cream cheese; layer with 4 slices provolone and tomato slices. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup basil, carrots, oregano and thyme. Top with grilled vegetables, then remaining cheese.
- Grill pizza, covered, over medium heat until bottom is golden brown and cheese is melted, 5-7 minutes. Top with remaining basil.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 395 calories, 22g fat (8g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 618mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 16g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 24, 2018
I made this for my hubby and I. I used half of: full tomato, zucchini, etc. next time I’ll use tbe whole thing. I chopped, poured oil on the veggies and garlic then grilled in a frying pan. It was really good! Added chicken.