Grilled Garden Pizza
Dazzle your family and friends with pizzas fresh off the grill. We top them with Asiago, Parmesan, veggies and fresh basil. Pile on the toppings you love. —Teri Rasey, Cadillac, Michigan
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or kosher salt
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen pizza dough, thawed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan or Asiago cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh spinach
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Sprinkle tomatoes with salt; set aside. On a lightly floured surface, divide dough in half. Roll or press each to 1/4-in. thickness; place each on a greased sheet of foil (about 10 in. square). Brush tops with 1 tablespoon oil.
- Carefully invert crusts onto a grill rack, removing foil. Brush tops with remaining oil. Grill, covered, over medium heat 2-3 minutes or until bottom is golden brown. Remove from grill; reduce grill temperature to low.
- Top grilled sides of crusts with Parmesan or Asiago cheese, tomatoes, corn, onion and mozzarella cheese. Grill, covered, on low heat 4-6 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with spinach and basil.
Health Tip: Fresh mozzarella has about the same calories and fat as part-skim; they are both lighter than a lot of other cheeses like cheddar, Muenster and provolone.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 375 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 680mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 15g protein.
Originally published as Fire Roasted Fresh Garden Pizza in Simple & Delicious June/July 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.