Italian Crumb-Crusted Beef Roast
Italian-style panko crumbs and seasoning give this roast beef a special touch—it's a nice, effortless weeknight meal. That way, you can put your energy into relaxing. —Maria Regakis, Somerville, Massachusetts
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1-3/4 hours + standing
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (3 pounds)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup Italian-style panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan; sprinkle with salt. In a small bowl, mix remaining ingredients; press onto top and sides of roast.
- Roast until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium well, 145°), 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 hours. Remove roast from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts5 ounces cooked beef: 319 calories, 15g fat (3g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 311mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 35g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Italian Seasoned Panko Crusted Roast Beef in Simple & Delicious December/January 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
More from Taste of Home
What’s the Secret to Perfect Burgers at Home? A Former Restaurant Chef Shares 11 Expert Burger Grilling Tips