Oven Beef Hash
"With just the two of us, we usually have leftovers of some sort, so hash is a regular menu item at our house," admits Dorothy Pritchett of Wills Point, Texas. "It's nice to have a hash that I can pop in the oven."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 cups diced cooked potatoes
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked roast beef
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup crushed saltines
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Spoon into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Combine saltines and butter; sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 312 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 476mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Oven Beef Hash in Taste of Home April/May 1998
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.