Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless beef round steak (3/4 inch thick), cut into 6 serving size pieces
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a small bowl, combine flour and salt. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon flour mixture over each piece of meat. Pound into meat, turn over and repeat on other side. In a large skillet, brown meat on both sides in oil.
- Transfer to an 11x7-in. baking dish, reserving pan drippings. Stir remaining flour into skillet until smooth. Gradually add wine. Add the remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Pour over meat. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 212 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 502mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein.
Oct 6, 2015
Excellent flavor! It took more time than I usually have to bake it, but it was well worth it.
Dec 5, 2010
I made this recipe years ago. I got it from a post on the recipe side and I never realized it had been published in one of the earlier Reiman magazines. It is very colorful and tasty.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.