Tenderloin Steak Diane
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon steak seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt with parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- Sprinkle steaks with steak seasoning. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add steaks; cook until meat reaches desired doneness, 4-5 minutes on each side. Remove steaks from pan.
- Add mushrooms to skillet; cook and stir over medium-high heat until tender. Add broth, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Stir in cream, steak sauce and garlic salt. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until sauce is slightly thickened, 1-2 minutes.
- Return steaks to pan; turn to coat and heat through. Stir in chives.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with McCormick’s Montreal Steak Seasoning. Look for it in the spice aisle.
Nutrition Facts1 steak with 2 tablespoons sauce: 358 calories, 21g fat (11g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 567mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 37g protein.
Jun 3, 2020
Excellent recipe for pan fried steak. The fresh mushroom sauce cooked in the same butter that the steaks were cooked in is delicious. I'll make this again and again. I did only use sirloin instead of a filet but who cares. Still tasty!
Dec 27, 2019
I made this yesterday for Christmas to rave reviews. I followed the recipe exactly, except I used more mushrooms. It looks so fancy, it is delicious, and it is so good.
Dec 18, 2019
I’ve made this at Christmas time for years, sometimes alternating between this and a rib roast. The only difference is I add cream sherry to the sauce. Also, serve lobster tails alongside for that really special festive touch!
Dec 18, 2019
The steak looks raw and the wife likes the steak well done. Too expensive a cut for this recipe.
Feb 16, 2019
Made this for a special Valentines dinner and my husband loved, loved it. He hasn’t stopped talking about it. Served with baked potato and broccoli slaw. Only change I made was just using two filets but the full amount of sauce. Will use half beef broth and half merlot next time and half the amount of garlic salt. It was definitely yummy.
Nov 17, 2017
Clddutch I know this is a year late by A1 steak sauce. Hope that helps.
Oct 3, 2016
what steak sauce do you use?
Oct 31, 2015
Whats not to like about this - it is a huge hit and will be a routine when we have steak.
Sep 30, 2015
This has become a favorite at our house...especially my son's.
Sep 19, 2015
We made this last week for dinner and it has been requested every night - tonight will be a repeat - I used all the beef broth and it was outstanding