Tenderloin Steak Diane
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon steak seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt with parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- Sprinkle steaks with steak seasoning. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add steaks; cook 4-5 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness. Remove steaks from pan.
- Add mushrooms to skillet; cook and stir over medium-high heat until tender. Add broth, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Stir in cream, steak sauce and garlic salt. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Return steaks to pan; turn to coat and heat through. Stir in chives.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with McCormick’s Montreal Steak Seasoning. Look for it in the spice aisle.
Nutrition Facts1 steak with 2 tablespoons sauce: 358 calories, 21g fat (11g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 567mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 37g protein.
Nov 17, 2017
Clddutch I know this is a year late by A1 steak sauce. Hope that helps.
Oct 3, 2016
what steak sauce do you use?
Oct 31, 2015
Whats not to like about this - it is a huge hit and will be a routine when we have steak.
Sep 30, 2015
This has become a favorite at our house...especially my son's.
Sep 19, 2015
We made this last week for dinner and it has been requested every night - tonight will be a repeat - I used all the beef broth and it was outstanding
May 22, 2015
This is to die for. I also did the 1/2 Merlot and 1/2 Broth. I am making it again tonight!
Apr 13, 2015
This was great! I took someone's tip about using 1/2 merlot with the beef broth. Will make again, for sure!
Aug 31, 2014
I mixed a 1/4 c. beef broth with a 1/4 c. merlot wine instead of using the full 1/2 c. beef broth listed to make a richer sauce. It's delicious! Otherwise followed the recipe as is.
May 10, 2014
We made this for New Year's Eve for family and my niece STILL talks about it. Making it again for Mother's Day. Great "fancy" meal without fancy ingredients or lengthy prep. End result is a wonderful way to make steak at home.
Nov 17, 2013
Oh my..this was the yummiest thing I've had in a while :) I did add some fresh chopped garlic and onions along with the mushrooms (just cuz I like that with my steak) but other than that I followed the recipe exactly. The sauce was to die for...maybe next time I will double it and serve it along mashed potatoes...mmm Excellent recipe! Thanks Carolyn!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.