Tender Stuffed Flank Steak
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- In a small nonstick skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. In a large bowl, combine the bread crumbs, poultry seasoning, salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper and onion.
- Flatten steak to 1/2-in. thickness; spread with stuffing to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; tie with kitchen string. Rub with remaining pepper.
- Place in an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat and discard string. Cut into slices and keep warm. Skim fat from pan juices; pour into a small saucepan. Combine flour and broth until smooth; stir into juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with steak.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 249 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 460mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 1, 2014
This will be the 4th time I've made this recipe so it's time for a review. I love how it uses simple ingredients usually already on hand. It makes such a impressive presentation. I sometimes used marinated flank steak for extra flavor, but its wonderful with out too!