Tender Stuffed Flank Steak
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- In a small nonstick skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. In a large bowl, combine the bread crumbs, poultry seasoning, salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper and onion.
- Flatten steak to 1/2-in. thickness; spread with stuffing to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; tie with kitchen string. Rub with remaining pepper.
- Place in an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat and discard string. Cut into slices and keep warm. Skim fat from pan juices; pour into a small saucepan. Combine flour and broth until smooth; stir into juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with steak.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 249 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 460mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Oct 1, 2014
This will be the 4th time I've made this recipe so it's time for a review. I love how it uses simple ingredients usually already on hand. It makes such a impressive presentation. I sometimes used marinated flank steak for extra flavor, but its wonderful with out too!