Pressure Cooker Sausage-Stuffed Flank Steak
This rich and hearty entree is perfect for entertaining but easy enough for weeknight meals with the family. —Julie Merriman, Seattle, Washington
Total TimePrep: 40 min. + standing Cook: 15 min. + releasing
- 3/4 cup dry red wine or beef broth, divided
- 1/4 cup dried cherries, coarsely chopped
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup pitted Greek olives, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/2 pound bulk hot Italian sausage
- 1 jar (24 ounces) marinara sauce
- Hot cooked noodles
- Combine 1/4 cup wine with cherries; let stand 10 minutes. Meanwhile, cut steak into four serving-size pieces; pound with a meat mallet to 1/4-in. thickness. Using 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, season both sides.
- Select saute setting on a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker and adjust for high heat. Add 1 Tbsp. oil; cook onion until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in bread crumbs, olives, cheese, basil, cherry mixture and remaining pepper. Crumble sausage over bread crumb mixture; mix well.
- Divide the sausage mixture into four portions; spread evenly over each steak piece. Roll up steaks jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; tie with kitchen string.
- Select saute setting and adjust for high heat. Add remaining oil; brown meat on all sides. Top with marinara sauce and remaining wine. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high and set time for 15 minutes. When finished cooking, allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure according to manufacturer's directions. Serve with pasta.
Test Kitchen tips
Originally published as Sausage-Stuffed Flank Steak in Cook It Fast, Cook It Slow
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.