Slow-Cooked Stuffed Flank Steak
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 8 hours + 10 min.
- 1 beef flank steak (2 pounds)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs (about 3 slices)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 3/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons water
- Flatten steak to 1/2-in. thickness; set aside.
- In a nonstick skillet, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender. Add the bread crumbs, mushrooms, parsley, egg substitute, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Spread over steak to within 1 in. of edge. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; tie with kitchen string. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker; add broth. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Remove meat to a serving platter and keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; pour into a small saucepan.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove string before slicing steak; serve with gravy.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 230 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 348mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Jul 4, 2018
Love this recipe husband couldn’t rave enough. Made a couple of small changes used egg white instead of substitute and rubbed with fajita seasoning. Also only cooked for 6hrs.
Jan 10, 2018
I've been cooking stuffed flank steak in the oven for so many years I can't remember. I've seen this recipe before and was always afraid the stuffing would fall out, get in the liquid, the beef would be stewed, etc. But this was to die for! The most tender we have ever had! You can do whatever you want for the stuffing, what the vest part of this recipe is the slow cooking. I will always cook it this way again. Thanks!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.