Tender Beef over Noodles
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 5-1/2 hours
- 1/2 pound beef stew meat
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 cup water, divided
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup uncooked egg noodles
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a small skillet, brown beef and onion in oil; drain. Transfer to a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup water, ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, paprika and mustard; pour over meat. Cover and cook on low until meat is tender, about 5 hours.
- Combine flour and remaining water until smooth; stir into meat mixture. Cover and cook until thickened, about 30 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Stir in parsley if desired. Serve with beef.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 385 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 611mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein.
Nov 10, 2015
Very yummy and easy recipe for a weeknight dinner :) Only gave it 4 stars because it badly needed salt! I didn't brown the meat and it turned out delicious, also cooked it in the oven on 300C for 2-1/2 hours.
Feb 8, 2015
I've been making this recipe since 2009 and I'm making it again tomorrow. I love it!!
Dec 3, 2012
Very easy to make and quite good. I doubled the recipe and made it for my daughters as well and the enjoyed it.
Oct 27, 2012
The beef was tender but the sauce had too much of a ketchup taste to it
Feb 8, 2012
Delicious!!! My husband loved it and has already requested I make it again and I will!But i doubled the noodles to 2 cups which worked out much better. I could see I was going to have a lot of meat mixture, even though I followed the recipe. Wonderful flavor!
Feb 6, 2012
As granolamomma said this is more of a very mild bbq flavor. I didn't care for it and won't make again.
Dec 12, 2011
Uck..this is the first recipe that i have not like..at taste of home.To sweet,i could not eat it.
Nov 19, 2011
My boyfriend and I tried this dish on a whimb it is very different but different in a good way that will keep you coming back for seconds.
Oct 3, 2011
More of a mild bbq flavor, sweet. It was not what I was looking for. Wasted a lot of good beef on this one.If you like that bbq flavor with noodles, I guess it would be all right.
Mar 6, 2011
Flavor was too sweet, even after cutting the brown sugar in half.