Tender Beef over Noodles
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 5-1/2 hours
- 1/2 pound beef stew meat
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 cup water, divided
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup uncooked egg noodles
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a small skillet, brown beef and onion in oil; drain. Transfer to a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup water, ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, paprika and mustard; pour over meat. Cover and cook on low until meat is tender, about 5 hours.
- Combine flour and remaining water until smooth; stir into meat mixture. Cover and cook until thickened, about 30 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Stir in parsley if desired. Serve with beef.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 385 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 611mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein.
Feb 12, 2020
Reminded me of Hungarian Goulash, but way too much ketchup.
Nov 10, 2015
Very yummy and easy recipe for a weeknight dinner :) Only gave it 4 stars because it badly needed salt! I didn't brown the meat and it turned out delicious, also cooked it in the oven on 300C for 2-1/2 hours.
Feb 8, 2015
I've been making this recipe since 2009 and I'm making it again tomorrow. I love it!!
Dec 3, 2012
Very easy to make and quite good. I doubled the recipe and made it for my daughters as well and the enjoyed it.
Oct 27, 2012
The beef was tender but the sauce had too much of a ketchup taste to it
Feb 8, 2012
Delicious!!! My husband loved it and has already requested I make it again and I will!But i doubled the noodles to 2 cups which worked out much better. I could see I was going to have a lot of meat mixture, even though I followed the recipe. Wonderful flavor!
Feb 6, 2012
As granolamomma said this is more of a very mild bbq flavor. I didn't care for it and won't make again.
Dec 12, 2011
Uck..this is the first recipe that i have not like..at taste of home.To sweet,i could not eat it.
Nov 19, 2011
My boyfriend and I tried this dish on a whimb it is very different but different in a good way that will keep you coming back for seconds.
Oct 3, 2011
More of a mild bbq flavor, sweet. It was not what I was looking for. Wasted a lot of good beef on this one.If you like that bbq flavor with noodles, I guess it would be all right.