Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 beef ribeye steaks (1/2 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- Sprinkle steaks with pepper and salt. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add green onion and mustard; cook 1 minute. Add steaks; cook 2-5 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium 140°; medium-well, 145°).
- Remove steaks to a serving platter and keep warm. In same skillet, add lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and remaining butter; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Add parsley and chives. Serve with steaks.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 231 calories, 21g fat (11g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 237mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 10g protein.
Dec 5, 2019
We liked it but the sauce that goes on it didn't turn out right. Maybe it will be right the next time.
Oct 18, 2019
Not even close. James Beard must be turning over in his grave (although he didn’t invent it, he had an excellent recipe for it). Everything off, but MOST important, where is the brandy?
Apr 22, 2018
Where do the calorie counts come from? An 8 oz ribeye is right at 400 calories/50 grams fat plus a TBL butter is another 100 calories and 11 grams fat ... that means at least 500 calories and 61 fat grams in case anyone is watching their calories/fat - not 230 calories/21 grams fat. It is delicious but disappointed when I checked calories.
Feb 9, 2018
We don't like ground mustard. What can I use instead of it?
Jan 30, 2018
Have made this steak many times. Tender and full flavored.
Mar 16, 2017
A little tangy, just not my style
Feb 7, 2016
Super easy. I made one steak only and didn't cut down the rest of the ingredients so I could have some extra sauce over rice. Very tasty.
Oct 6, 2013
Quick , easy & delicous
Nov 30, 2011
This is absolutely delicious!! I usually grill or broil my steaks but I think that has now changed. The steak was tender and tasty! Deffinetely a keeper!!
Oct 22, 2011
Wonderful! This is the first time I've made a Steak Diane recipe and it turned it out so well! I used top sirloin steaks and it worked just a well. Definite keeper!